Lyric Music Theater 69th Season Director Proposals
Please note, the period for director submissions for the 2021-2022 season has closed. Please submit next summer/fall for our 2022-2023 season!
Lyric Music Theater is now accepting directing proposals for our 2021-2022 season! If you are interested in directing a show at Lyric, please submit the following items to our Play Selection Committee:
- A current directing resume with your contact information
- A listing of shows (plays and/or musicals) you would be interested in directing. The Play Selection Committee and Board choose a season based upon many factors. This may include a musical that is “family friendly”, a show that will appeal to a variety of audience members, a contemporary show, and a non-musical with a theme that is popular with our audiences. We may offer you a show based on the chosen slate of the season or one of your submitted shows.
- For each show proposed please provide the following:
- A summary of the show
- Casting requirements
- The reasons you have selected this show; why is it a good fit for you and why would it be a good fit for Lyric Music Theater
- Please list any schedule conflicts you may have and/or what time frames you are available to direct July 2021 through June 2022.
If a director is selected to direct a show in the slate, the offer will be made relative to that show only, pending the approval of rights. If the rights are not obtained, then it is not a guarantee that the director will be asked to direct a different show.
The deadline to submit will be 9/1/20. The Play Selection Committee will notify all directors chosen for the 2021-2022 season by 11/1/20.
The above information can either be emailed to Performance Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to:
Lyric Music Theater
176 Sawyer Street
South Portland, ME 04106
Attn: Play Selection Committee
All submissions must be received by September 1, 2020 to be eligible. Once submitted, all proposals will be considered as possible selections for our 69th season, and will be reviewed by our Play Selection Committee and Board. Please note, offers may be subject to change based on the release or revocation of rights by rights holders. Any further questions can be sent to the email address above.
Thank you for your interest!!